After so much detailed planning for the best day of your lives, you earn the ultimate escape–a honeymoon. For many couples, their honeymoon is the first exotic adventure shared together. Encompass the World Travel agents are experts at making your honeymoon dreams a reality, and we love helping couples plan their special vacation! Our honeymoon planning tips will ensure your experience is romantic, memorable, and stress-free!
1. Start planning early (9-12 months in advance) and enlist the help of Encompass the World Travel as your travel professionals.
2. Discuss ideas and budget for your honeymoon with your partner before your appointment with a travel agent.
3. Don’t rely only on web research! Websites, search engines, and reviews are not always the best trip advisors. Our travel agency has been in business for over 31 years–ask for the trusted opinion of our professionals.
4. Consider starting a honeymoon registry! It’s an easy and convenient way for your wedding guests to contribute to your honeymoon budget.
5. Plan surprises for each other: a swim-out suite, a private beach candlelit dinner, a couples’ massage, limo transfers, horseback riding, snorkeling…you name it! Ask your Encompass the World Travel agents about excursion options and recommendations in your honeymoon destination!
6. Book your honeymoon in your maiden name – Your documents must match your passport and chances are if you travel right after the wedding, you will not have time to renew it.
7. Before your trip, scan and email yourself a copy of your passport and itinerary just in case!
8. If you can delay your honeymoon after the wedding celebration, plan for at least a full day of rest and relaxation before departure. Weddings (and planning them) can be exhausting! You’ll want to be well-rested and prepared for your best vacation yet!
9. Be sure to pack the proper formal attire. Most resorts have upscale restaurants that have dress codes for dinner or special events.
10. Protect your investment. To prevent frustrations when life happens, travel insurance covers health issues, cancellations, lost luggage, and more. Your travel agent can offer you options for a plan that will work best for you.
11. Make your dream come true! Your honeymoon is the one vacation that you will be asked about the rest of your life, so don’t hold back if it’s something you really want to experience.
12. Take time to enjoy each other! Consider putting away the tablets and phones to give one another undivided attention while relaxing, exploring, or pampering yourselves.
Honeymoons should focus on romance, relaxation, and memorable moments! To ensure stress-free planning of the perfect honeymoon, contact Encompass the World Travel.